Calvary Chapel has been formed as a fellowship of believers in the Lordship of Jesus Christ. Our supreme desire is to know Christ and be conformed into His image by the power of the Holy Spirit. We are not a denominational church, nor are we opposed to denominations as such, only their over-emphasis on doctrinal differences that have led to the division of the body of Christ.
1) We Believe that the only true basis of Christian fellowship is God’s (Agape) love, which is greater than any differences we possess and without which we have no right to claim ourselves Christians.
2) We Believe worship of God should be Spiritual.Therefore: We remain flexible and yielded to the Holy Spirit to direct our worship.
3) We Believe worship of God should be Inspirational. Therefore: We give a great place to music in our worship.
4) We Believe worship of God should be Intelligent. Therefore: Our services are designed with great emphasis upon teaching of the Word of God that He might instruct us how He should be worshiped.
5) We Believe worship of God is Fruitful.Therefore: We look for His Love in our lives as the supreme manifestation that we have truly been worshipping Him.
6) We Believe that there is one living and true God, eternally existing in three persons: The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit, equal in power and glory; that this triune God created all, upholds all, and governs all.
7) We Believe that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the Word of God, fully inspired without error in the original manuscripts, and the infallible rule of faith and practice.
8). We Believe in God The Father, an infinite personal Spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love; that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men; that He hears and answers prayer; and that He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ.
9) We Believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles and teachings, His substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, perpetual intercession for His people and His personal, visible return to earth.
10) We Believe in the Holy Spirit, who came forth from the Father and the Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify, and empower for ministry all who believe in Christ; we believe the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Jesus Christ and that He is an abiding Helper, Teacher, and Guide. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit and in the exercise of all the Biblical gifts of the Spirit.
11) We Believe that all people are sinners by nature and choice and therefore, are under condemnation; that God regenerates by the Holy spirit, those who repent of their sins and confess Jesus Christ as Lord; that Jesus Christ baptizes the seeking believer with the Holy Spirit, empowering them for service.
12) We Believe in the universal Church, the living spiritual body, of which Christ is the Head and all regenerated persons are members.
13) We Believe that the Lord Jesus Christ committed two ordinances to the Church: 1) water baptism, and 2) the Lord’s Supper. We believe in baptism by immersion and communion open to all believers.
14) We Believe also in the laying on of hands for the baptism of the Holy Spirit, for ordination of pastors, elders, and deacons, and for the receiving of gifts of the Spirit and for healing.
15) We Believe in the personal, visible return of Christ to earth and the establishment of His kingdom, in the resurrection of the body, the final judgment and eternal blessing of the righteous and the endless suffering of the wicked.
16) Labels can often be misleading but for the sake of clarity, and helping you “get a fix” on where we are in terms of certain doctrinal issues, you could say that we are:
Evangelical (we believe the only hope for man is in faith in Jesus Christ)
Spirit-Filled (we believe in the baptism with the Holy Spirit and that all the gifts of the Spirit are available today)
Pre-Millennial & Pre-Tribulational (we believe the Church will be caught up to meet the Lord before a seven year period of Tribulation and we believe in a literal 1000 year reign of Christ on Earth)
Conservative (we’re speaking spiritually and morally, not politically. Simply, we believe in the inerrancy and infallibility of the Scriptures and that they are the moral and spiritual authority against which everything must be weighed)
Biblically Balanced (We are neither Reformed or Arminianists, though at the same time being parts of both. We believe in the total sovereignty of God while holding to the real freedom and responsibility of man, albeit, in bondage to sin in which we call being “Biblically Balanced”. We leave this ongoing issue of debate open and address each part of it as we cover pertinent passages of the Scriptures. In other words, we try to study the Bible with an open mind rather than seeing each passage through a predetermined doctrinal filter)
While Calvary Chapel Fellowship holds to the beliefs listed above, we welcome all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ who have a sincere desire to grow closer to Jesus.
Our desire is to share in the fellowship of Christ in a way that brings glory to God, avoiding division, and to share in His Agape love.
The vision of Calvary Chapel Fellowship is: To fully train God’s people with the Word of God through the Holy Spirit. Our vision is for God’s people to share what they have received with others, inside and outside the church. They will do this as they are led by the Holy Spirit and empowered by the Holy Spirit. Love is our ultimate goal.
Our vision for our current facility is: to remodel the old YMCA into a functioning church in East Wichita. We are pilgrims and as the Children of Israel followed the cloud by day and the fire by night, the cloud for us has settled at 8025 East Douglas. This is not our permanent home, Heaven is. In whatever way this building helps us to facilitate our primary vision it will be our home until the cloud moves.
The mission of Calvary Chapel Fellowship in Wichita, Kansas is to teach the Word of God in a simple to understand verse by verse manner. It is further our mission to lead people into worship by singing, prayer and fellowship with other believers. It is our mission to teach the bible; Genesis through Revelation and make it relevant to today.